85 Human Paladin
71 Gnome Mage
67 Night Elf Druid
posted on
08/06/08 15:17:38
updated by
kuriasa
08/06/08 15:21:31

Adobe- I feel the same way as you do regarding paying others back. That's why I suggested that individuals who have won the bear mount should stay until everyone who was present on their winning night has also won. I don't really understand how thats unfair///I'm taking a bear without recompense. You helped me get mine, I help you get yours. Unless you're implying that despite everything I've said, I'm going to take a bear and then /lol call it quits and screw over the system. I can't really say anything meaningful that will assure you I won't, except no, I won't. It's not really convincing, and for that I apologize. I'm new to the guild, and we haven't really gotten a chance to know each other, but I hopefully in time you'll come to see thats not how Kuri rolls.

Perhaps it was poor tact for me to announce this change while simultaneously posting myself in the first tier. But here is the most important part, I guess it's my fault for not explaining this previously:

To be completely honest, it was not my idea to come up with a loot system. It sucks to treadmill bears like this, but I'm more than willing to free roll this shit every 3 nights and pray to w/e. god. Others, however, who have spent months in this instance, are not, and this seems like the best way to bring some order to what can be generously described as a shit show. And while again, it was not my idea, I sympathize with their frustration, and would like to accommodate them.

Nor was it my idea to put myself in the first tier. I actually took the opinions of three other individuals who have run with the group and averaged the rankings (I did not rank myself, they did not rank themselves). So no, this is not some scheme for me to ninja a mount while screwing others over.

To show you I mean it when I say this is not my plan to ninja a mount, I went ahead and put myself in the third tier. This all but assures that I will get the mount at the same time///after those who have been raiding with us, including most of the newer individuals. I really don't know what else I can do to assure you that I'm not out to screw others.

In regards to not taking into consideration the preparation of others- I apologize for the generalization. I especially apologize because I know you had previous experience in doing the bear run before we showed up, and its unfair to imply you are carried. But I assure you, players who have done as much research as you have, looking up maps///strats///possible group comps are exceptions. The average player whom we are obligated to bring along because of no shows has usually done 1-2 bosses and that's really the extent of their experience, and there's nothing we can do to really change that beside hold up the raid for another half an hour while they look stuff up (obviously research is still not as good as the real deal).

In regards to finding a prot pally after I quit- a prot pally isn't necessary for ZA, especially for melee heavy set ups (alot of strats call for a feral and a warr). We hit 3 chests in an absolute debacle on alts with no prot paladin. I'm sure a well oiled mains group will do just fine. It'd be stupid of me to try to deny that a prot paladin makes the instance go smoother. It does, we all know it. But this is why I've said that I will stay until everyone who will be with me on the night I win is similarly mounted. After that, I, like others, will be around to help out, but you cant expect a group of individuals to run 20-30 players through.

post script- I've said it before that coming this Sunday, my play schedule will become more erratic, so I won't be able to run this shit on demand (hopefully we can retain the 2 reset per week schedule though).

Delekoth
Raider
characters
85 Human Priest
posted on
08/06/08 17:14:03

The question that i have about this situation is this. What about those that have no interest in the bear mount, and just want the upgrades from the instance?

Why'd you burn that house down son? "Because it needed burning sir."

Kuriasa
characters
85 Human Paladin
71 Gnome Mage
67 Night Elf Druid
posted on
08/06/08 17:51:38

We'll love you forever.

Extrinsic
characters
80 Human Mage
70 Draenei Warrior
posted on
08/06/08 18:11:00

then ask not to be included in the tier system? The basic requirement is skill and experience. Otherwise; just three healing it in a regular non-bear run would make things a lot easier.

Tink
characters
80 Dwarf Hunter
85 Human Warlock
80 Dwarf Priest
80 Gnome Mage
83 Night Elf Druid
85 Human Paladin
84 Gnome Rogue
80 Night Elf Warrior
85 Draenei Shaman
80 Draenei Death Knight
posted on
08/06/08 20:34:22

What is an RNG Buttfucking?

And I'm trolling... :)

Suntoucher
Officer
characters
85 Human Warlock
85 Night Elf Druid
posted on
08/07/08 17:41:21

I'd love to do timed runs every reset, but it's too late for me to go after we raid. If anyone would be interested in doing earlier runs I'd definitely be up for it.

Reeny
characters
70 Human Paladin
posted on
08/08/08 04:49:36

I am very much interested in ZA, would not even roll on the bear but if the healing necklace drops I would be all over it. It still is an upgrade for me.

I find the present runs also way too late. We raid till 10:30pm or so mountain time and my evil alarm goes off no later than 5am (4am on those early morning shifts). If we could organize a raid early on an off night count me in.

Inv_misc_questionmark_t100
sarpedon
characters
82 Night Elf Rogue
85 Human Warrior
posted on
08/10/08 16:55:29
updated by
sarpedon
08/10/08 16:58:50

kuriasa said: Ex/Sarp continually exhibiting pansy behavior

Post days/times you're going to do bear runs so people know when to be there. I'll always show up if I know ahead of time when it's going to be. I'm the last person to pull a Garrez or w/e and stop coming after I get my mount.

Inv_misc_questionmark_t100
Glendora
characters
80 Gnome Warlock
posted on
08/10/08 18:37:39

After raids are hard for me as well as I work early in the morning. I would like to go with groups that run on weekends for bear mount and willing to wait my turn. It would be nice if maybe one day all that want one can get one. Maybe mains first if that is the one you want the mount for.

Sparklebunny
characters
80 Draenei Shaman
posted on
08/10/08 19:12:24

I am with a lot of the people here - as I noted after raids I am already at work. Honestly Friday-Sunday is fine by me because there is nothing going on...so much so I have been leveling a horde toon.

As for the mount Kuri I know what you mean about running it and losing the roll to someone who comes one time and "swoops" in and gets it...it sucks. But by the same token what is to stop you from going once you get one or really anyone....not singling you out just saying that you say people stop going once they get the mount, will you continue to run them once you've gotten yours?

I agree with Glendora I think mains should get them....just like if I were there on an alt I would not roll against anyone on a main for anything.

Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off - Terry Pratchett, Small Gods