05/06/08 06:52:25

Way to kickass!!! Grats!

Eresh
posted on
05/09/08 11:09:17
updated by
Eresh
05/09/08 11:09:45

Grats guys!! I really enjoy this fight. First off its great because all of the best Construct killers are not mages, they are bound to be a melee dps or perhaps a paladin who is so excited by the prospect of finally having the opportunity to push a 2nd or maybe even a 3rd!! button during a raid that he/she has watched and practiced to the point that they are amazingly good at killing constructs. In fact, its pre-ordained by god that one of your worst construct killers is going to be a mage - and me and god find that funny. Oh the irony. Its the same mage who, during Teron learning attempts, waited until the 3rd or 4th time he was ghosted to figure out how to display the pet bar. You know the one. The one who, during Archimonde attempts, calls for healing over vent when he gets gripped. Right now to this day, he still hasn't realized that he accidentally put himself on the decursive ignore list.

Second this boss is great because the pewpew-o-meter is high. Lastly, and most importantly, this encounter is full of win because of the following equation.... Ghost + Target of Target = Good Times!!! QED

Here's how: So you're a ghost, there it is the debuff in the corner of your screen steadily ticking away the seconds to the inevitable doom of your raid. But its np, your cool like Fonzy. Not a bead of sweat upon your brow as you move into the corner. Down to a few short seconds left, and you begin the Spirit Volley spam. Volley, Chains, then cycle through the targets and Lance em up. But you watch your target of target, making a brief mental note of which Constructs are heading towards your least favorite raid members. With ninja-esque deftitude you reduce your constructs to a measly amount of HP, killing those who are headed towards the popularity contest winners of your raid, but leaving alive those destined to pwn the face of the most hated. Hmm what to do now? Well debuff and melee the boss to pad your damage meters seems like a good idea... Wait until the constructs have made quick work of the bads - justice is served - then pop a quick Spirit Lance and finish them off. If the day is a good day, maybe one of the Constructs targeted the mage I describe above and you sit smug, knowing that you single-handedly skirted a potential wipe. Plus dead gnomes are always funny.

-E

What is it? Can I eat it?

Adobe
characters
80 Gnome Warrior
62 Human Warrior
80 Human Mage
posted on
05/09/08 11:22:58
updated by
Adobe
05/09/08 11:27:50

Eresh said:

Plus dead gnomes are always funny.

I was with you 100% until RIGHT 'BOUT HERE

;D

EDIT: You guys' NEWS PAGE always cracks me up.

"Rabble such as us have touched you, a lot!"

Eresh
posted on
05/09/08 13:53:14
updated by
Eresh
05/09/08 13:55:56

Adobe said: You guys' NEWS PAGE always cracks me up.

"Rabble such as us have touched you, a lot!"

Drop is a nerd, I love him. My fav is the pic in the lower right "Daddy?"

Incidentally, I keep getting error messages everytime I try to change my forum avatar. And it makes me sad Adobe... SAD I SAY.

What is it? Can I eat it?

Foreverzero
Alumni
characters
70 Human Mage
80 Night Elf Druid
posted on
05/09/08 15:38:15

yea i get the same error, lord knows Aven has enough on his plate right now to pander to the likes of me.

I sure do miss you guys.