Inv_misc_questionmark_t100
Faeri
posted on
02/09/07 01:36:58

Actually, if they'd design the game around something other than "clear trash, kill boss, loot boss" and maybe, oh, I dunno, put some story, or dialogue, or puzzles or some other type of content in the game, they might not have to cater to either/or.

Deadsticki
characters
70 Gnome Mage
posted on
02/09/07 04:41:00

Those kinda games are generally not MMOs that have the elongated storyline that is heavily entwined. Sure, there is wow lore, but its hardly enough to keep you going through hours and hours of wiping on a boss just to find out whats said for the next quest.

Bosses + Loot = For Ze Win

Astutia
characters
70 Gnome Warlock
posted on
02/10/07 01:03:38

Now if only we can have both story and loot...

Faeri
posted on
02/10/07 01:40:49

I'd honestly prefer a game that was based more on your knowledge of your role and strategy in general than itemization.

I never liked it that no matter how good they were, someone in all greens could never beat someone in all purples.

Though with TBC "greens" that may not hold so true anymore. =D

Deadsticki
characters
70 Gnome Mage
posted on
02/10/07 04:40:01

ide be inclined to say TBC blues, the epix from heroics are meh.

Tleilaxu
posted on
02/10/07 07:12:36

"Deadsticki" said:

wow lore (...) its hardly enough to keep you going through hours and hours of wiping on a boss just to find out whats said for the next quest.

Sorry Sticki, but that's what made me both play the game in the first place and kept me going. I quit when I thought they were reaching too far. (Read: Ahn'Quiraj. Bugs, wtf? And I never fought a giant eyeball in WC1/2/3.)

Suppanoob
Officer
characters
85 Worgen Druid
82 Draenei Shaman
posted on
02/10/07 08:57:22

"Tleilaxu" said:

"Deadsticki" said: wow lore (...) its hardly enough to keep you going through hours and hours of wiping on a boss just to find out whats said for the next quest.>

Sorry Sticki, but that's what made me both play the game in the first place and kept me going. I quit when I thought they were reaching too far. (Read: Ahn'Quiraj. Bugs, wtf? And I never fought a giant eyeball in WC1/2/3.)

There were bugs in WC3. :) Remember the Nerubians? They are related to the quiraj. There was also a boss in the frozen throne undead campaign that closely resembled c'thun. He was in the chambers of the Nerubians.

ಠ_ಠ

Tleilaxu
posted on
02/12/07 03:44:40

"Suppanoob" said:

Remember the Nerubians? Nope. Never played the expansion.

Deadsticki
characters
70 Gnome Mage
posted on
02/12/07 07:34:38

The expansion was the shit

Cameron
characters
80 Draenei Shaman
posted on