Inv_misc_questionmark_t100
Sinlaael
posted on
01/23/07 05:19:44

"Faeri" said:

And what I mean by being inaccessible is that there's no way a person can do this quest chain an hour or two at a time. It's not possible. Not only will it require learning and clearing two of the large-scale raid dungeons in TBC, but it has a lot of other legwork similar to the AQ quest chain. No, this is going to be one for the hardcore guilds only.> Why couldnt you do this a lil at a time with a few instaces thrown in? Grinding rep has always been something you could do at your own pace. And up until the expac not alot of instances could be done in an hour or two. This seems like a big questline but well worth it imo, rather then needing to farm gear in MC to goto BWL you only need to get attuned. I think its nice that instead of waiting for drops in farmed content now we are doing epic quests to continue our raid progression.

Faeri
posted on
01/25/07 07:48:32

er... you have to kill the final boss in two of the hardest 25 man raids in the game--the raid section of Coilfang Resevoir and Tempest Keep. You need a vial from Lady Vashj and one from Kael'thas Sunstrider.

So count on this chain only being doable by the biggest and most hardcore raiding guilds, at least for the next year or so until the instances receive nerfs.

Farimiere
Alumni
posted on
01/25/07 15:28:38

"Faeri" said:

er... you have to kill the final boss in two of the hardest 25 man raids in the game--the raid section of Coilfang Resevoir and Tempest Keep. You need a vial from Lady Vashj and one from Kael'thas Sunstrider.>

So count on this chain only being doable by the biggest and most hardcore raiding guilds, at least for the next year or so until the instances receive nerfs.

They should not receive nerfs just because people are too lazy to complete a questline. This sounds really interesting to me and like alot of fun...but I also think its more rewarding to work for something than to just cry about it until its handed to me on a silver platter.

The more I look at this game the better it gets for me. You can tell people's skill set just by looking at their gear. In my opinion you should be able to tell how good a player is or how much time they invest into something by looking at them. After all, shouldn't the best players in the game look like heroes instead of the common player that just plays from time to time? I think so.

Suppanoob
Officer
characters
85 Worgen Druid
82 Draenei Shaman
posted on
01/25/07 15:40:03

"Farimiere" said:

You can tell people's skill set just by looking at their gear. In my opinion you should be able to tell how good a player is or how much time they invest into something by looking at them.

I have to disagree there. There are a lot of players out there who just got carried by their guilds.

With instances shrinking, this might go away. Maybe. :)

ಠ_ಠ

Farimiere
Alumni
posted on
01/25/07 15:59:51

Yeah I guess you're right Suppa...I hope it does go away though

Faeri
posted on
01/25/07 16:12:11

No, I agree with you, Fari.

The hardcore folks deserve content just as much as those of us who prefer a lighter, more casual pace.

It's just that the casuals (myself included) are afraid that Blizzard will forget the casual player again and go back to cranking out hardcore raid content at the exclusion of all else.

They've done it before, so it wouldn't be too surprising if they did it again.

Deadsticki
characters
70 Gnome Mage
posted on
01/26/07 02:09:56

Its a hopeful thing that they wont, however the 5 man instances will be more difficult. 5 man baron runs were once extremely difficult before they nurfed the shit out of the instance. Ide hope instances were difficult enough to warrant a good group wiping a few times to take it down.

15 people in a raid of 40 people are actually "working", mainly its the MT, some OTs, a few healers and a small amount of DPSers. The rest just kinda 'do the job' per say. Some guilds have a large quanitity of good players, and so, progress significantly more rapidly, however on draenor, all of our best players are spread across 5 or 6 guilds, and old rivalries die hard. Its why draenor is one of the most least progressed servers of all that were released in 2004.

Its one of the things alot of people, in alot of high end raiding guilds are hoping is ratified, that the raid fillers will finally not be needed to execute a 40 man raid.

I do though agree that whilst the questline is long and difficult, that the final reward should be exactly that, a reward for those willing to enter.

Faeri
posted on
01/26/07 08:11:11

No casuals, except the really bitter ones, begrudge hardcore players of their content.

We just want the same sort of effort and ingenuity shown in content designed for the casual player.

I repeat--smart casuals do not want omgleetepixxx handed to them on a silver platter. We want instances that will entertain us and keep us occupied, while having appropriate but worthwhile rewards. We don't want reputation grindfests and Blizzard's other "casual pacifier" attempts.

So far TBC looks to be serving both demographics. Let's hope it continues to do so.

Deadsticki
characters
70 Gnome Mage
posted on
02/08/07 11:34:47

Casual content will get defeated by Raiders, then the casuals QQ that raiders still have something to do.

WTH is blizzard support to do, keep releasing 5 mans ? raiders will simply beat them to get gear, then theyve STILL got raid content.

Raiding content = Casual Content + Raiding Instances.

Venomlock
characters
70 Human Warlock
42 Dwarf Hunter
26 Night Elf Priest
posted on
02/08/07 16:59:15

"Deadsticki" said:

Casual content will get defeated by Raiders, then the casuals QQ that raiders still have something to do.>

WTH is blizzard support to do, keep releasing 5 mans ? raiders will simply beat them to get gear, then theyve STILL got raid content.>

Raiding content = Casual Content + Raiding Instances.

your absoultly right, but there is nothing that blizz can do, they can't say " Hey all you people that are in Hardcore Raiding guilds are not allowed to enter these 5 mans cause its for people that aren't leetuberraidersbbq like you are, go raid your 15 mans" no they can't do that. cause then they would have to ban the very few Casual gamers that do make it to the hardcore stuff.

[IMG]http://img270.imageshack.us/img270/2020/7b16be70893673a9066ada5941d7df.png[/IMG]