Holyeros
Raider
characters
85 Human Paladin
80 Gnome Mage
80 Draenei Shaman
posted on
01/13/11 12:00:05

Hi there! I might be able to get my new gaming PC very soon! Also I want to ask how do I re download wow onto the new computer, I dont have the cata CD I downloaded it, is there a link on battle net or somthing?

"The world is already run by all manner of Machines. One day they'll remind us of that fact." -Sargis Haz, artificer

Nost
Raider
characters
85 Human Paladin
posted on
01/13/11 12:27:19
updated by
Nost
01/13/11 20:25:24

Copy and Paste is all it takes my friend, and a portable media device large enough to hold wow

Edit: A droid, Iphone, flashdrive or whichever PMD you own would work, just copy and paste the wow folder on to said PMD then c/p into the same place on the new PC, of course with a 2g flashdrive that would take a few trips as I think wow is close to 6 gigs or more.

A network transfer like Aven mentioned would also work just as well. And battlenet does let you redownload WoW and which ever expansion version of the game you have after you register the CD key.

"Go Like Hell"

Holyeros
Raider
characters
85 Human Paladin
80 Gnome Mage
80 Draenei Shaman
posted on
01/13/11 12:40:33

uhhhh ok care to be more specific? And the only flash drives I have is 2gb

"The world is already run by all manner of Machines. One day they'll remind us of that fact." -Sargis Haz, artificer

Inv_misc_questionmark_t100
Deldawalth
Raider
characters
85 Night Elf Warrior
85 Gnome Mage
85 Night Elf Druid
85 Dwarf Hunter
85 Draenei Shaman
85 Night Elf Priest
85 Human Paladin
85 Night Elf Rogue
85 Worgen Warlock
Notatarah (Sen'jin)
80 Night Elf Druid
posted on
01/13/11 13:04:26

Ok, here is what you need to do. Take your Driod and hook it up to your pc. Copy all your warcraft info onto it, and then transfer it over to your new pc. Bing bang boom, all done.

The auction house is the only balanced form of PvP in the game.

Holyeros
Raider
characters
85 Human Paladin
80 Gnome Mage
80 Draenei Shaman
posted on
01/13/11 13:55:16

I has iphone

Aven
Administrator
characters
85 Night Elf Hunter
85 Night Elf Druid
85 Dwarf Shaman
65 Worgen Rogue
posted on
01/13/11 14:42:13

Yes, there is a link to re-download it off of Battle.net. Essentially you just download the Blizzard Downloader and it patches the whole game onto your computer. It takes a while.

If you're on a network you could always share your WoW directory on your old computer and boot it up headless on the network so you can copy the data across onto your new machine.

Tink
characters
80 Dwarf Hunter
85 Human Warlock
80 Dwarf Priest
80 Gnome Mage
83 Night Elf Druid
85 Human Paladin
84 Gnome Rogue
80 Night Elf Warrior
85 Draenei Shaman
80 Draenei Death Knight
posted on
01/13/11 21:25:12

He owns an iPhone...don't they have an app for that? Emoticon_tongue

Guess the Android boyz got something on you now dont they Holy? lol

And I'm trolling... :)

Caragdur
Raider
characters
85 Worgen Druid
80 Human Paladin
posted on
01/13/11 22:42:12

Eros, the easiest thing for you to do would be to redownload Cata from the battle.net site and then copy your addons folder over from the old computer to the new using a USB drive.

Alternatively, there is something to be said about having a fresh UI to start from again if you have the time to set it all up...

Tux

"The world is a diaper, so let someone else change it."

I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role.

Maximusrex
Officer
characters
85 Human Warlock
80 Human Paladin
85 Human Priest
85 Human Death Knight
posted on
01/13/11 23:03:14

Caragdur said:

Eros, the easiest thing for you to do would be to redownload Cata from the battle.net site and then copy your addons folder over from the old computer to the new using a USB drive.

Alternatively, there is something to be said about having a fresh UI to start from again if you have the time to set it all up...

Starting over might also be good if your resolution on the new PC is different then the old one, as you will probably have to move stuff around anyhow.

I don't feel bad for stupid people, I think they should be rounded up and put into camps so as to stop afflicting the rest of us with their stupidity.

Holyeros
Raider
characters
85 Human Paladin
80 Gnome Mage
80 Draenei Shaman
posted on
01/15/11 14:43:45

Now that I think of it I could download it onto my iPhone I still have 11 gb left in it, however I think downloading it from the battle net site might be easier, also I don't have that manny addons (just dbm, xperl and funny unimportant ones. So I'll just install curse and download them. Thanks for he help guys.
PS this was all wrote on my iPhone bitches.