44 Night Elf Druid
70 Gnome Warlock
61 Human Rogue
Sasami (Duskwood)
20 Blood Elf Paladin
posted on
10/12/10 12:19:04

Hi everybody!

This is your former evil whiny-fail huntard named Kikiyo speaking. =D I hope everyone is doing well as it looks like the guild is still kicking just fine. Except for rogues. Dirty little things. Couldn't hit the broadside of Suppa's rear and MAN is that big.

Anyways, I have a curious question. I was wondering how much discussion have you guys put into deciding whether LUE will remain a 25 man guild or a bunch of 10 mans in a single guild? What are you reasons for doing one or the other?

With Hoss, we've been having a discussion about which to do as most people like 10 mans, but there is a few key people that are really pushing for 25 mans. For me, I already have the same 10 man I've been raiding with for a few months and we are working on Heroic LK phase 3, so we definately have the chemistry going and will keep it for Cata. But there is a bunch of players worried that they will be left out or that you'll have one group have every hardcore member of the guild and that it will be unfair for the rest who want to join in on the hard stuff. Stuff like that is preventing everyone from being on the same page. We plan to recruit for specific 10 mans and stuff, but it still isn't enough for some people.

Just want to know what you guys are going to doing differently and what you plan to do to solve some of those issues that 25 man people want.

http://www.littleurbanelites.com/users/kikiyo/Claymore-sig3.jpg

Maximusrex
Officer
characters
85 Human Warlock
80 Human Paladin
85 Human Priest
85 Human Death Knight
posted on
10/12/10 12:53:19

I don't forsee any change from being focused on 25 man raiding for us at this time.

That doesn't mean that can't change in the future, there are certainly advantages to 10 man groups.

Also, I think its important to note that in Wrath that 10 mans were intentionally supposed to be easier baseline, and that you are able to overgear them. This won't really be the case in Cat.

A forced move to 10 mans would be difficult for us. We can fill a 10 man with almost just officers alone, which would be pretty disenfranchising to the non-officers. Also, whenever you split a larger group you face the issues of the "A" team and the "B" team. And that can come down to just one or two players that others perceive as superior not being on their team. Multiple 10 mans also would shift our tank to DPS ratio, and creates raid leadership issues. If the groups don't advance at a near identical rate, that will also create issues.

On the other side, I think it opens up more possibilities for more casual players/alts to get something going since there won't be an possibility of mains running 25 and 10 man raids to optimize their progression.

I don't feel bad for stupid people.

Kikiyo
Alumni
characters
80 Night Elf Hunter
44 Night Elf Druid
70 Gnome Warlock
61 Human Rogue
Sasami (Duskwood)
20 Blood Elf Paladin
posted on
10/12/10 15:54:11

Thanks Max for the info. Those are some valid points that I didn't think about. I think the A team B team mentality will happen again just like Kara. I know officers are going to split up already as my group has two of them. So it's not just going to be officers group, then everyone else groups luckily. But I do think that a bunch of the good players will group up and become a really good 10 man group that everyone is going to be jealous on. We'll see how life treats us.

Either way, 25 man is a no go for us. 20 out of 30 so far have already said they are only going to do 10 mans. Just hoping for a little more ammo at the 25 man group to not cause this friction between us.

I hope you can continue with 25 mans and keep it up. That would be awesome to see. Like shoving a middle finger at Blizzard for screwing everyone over with this decision. =D

http://www.littleurbanelites.com/users/kikiyo/Claymore-sig3.jpg