characters
80 Human Priest
80 Draenei Shaman
42 Night Elf Druid
Striike (Twisting Nether)
80 Dwarf Paladin
posted on
06/28/10 15:55:59

There is no good, and there is no evil. There is only power, and individuals too weak to seek it out. Without darkness there can be no light.

Tink
characters
80 Dwarf Hunter
85 Human Warlock
80 Dwarf Priest
80 Gnome Mage
83 Night Elf Druid
85 Human Paladin
84 Gnome Rogue
80 Night Elf Warrior
85 Draenei Shaman
80 Draenei Death Knight
posted on
06/29/10 02:09:25

The question is... how?

And I'm trolling... :)

Lamiae
characters
80 Human Priest
80 Draenei Shaman
42 Night Elf Druid
80 Dwarf Paladin
posted on
06/29/10 08:36:11

I have no clue! He was spam drinking Barleybrew Lager, that's all I know.

There's a known way to do it as horde, but as Alliance? No idea. Whenever I asked, all he would say is, "Meep Meep!"

There is no good, and there is no evil. There is only power, and individuals too weak to seek it out. Without darkness there can be no light.

Insanityplea
characters
80 Human Paladin
80 Human Mage
80 Human Priest
83 Dwarf Rogue
posted on
06/29/10 09:56:46
updated by
Insanityplea
06/29/10 10:02:20

Is the translation letter-to-letter static? I would think that it is not strictly, otherwise we would see cross-faction decoder rings all over, or at least an easy key.

Alli ---> Horde =/= Horde ---> Alli

I suspect that there are two separate translations as well (on for each direction, as expressed above).

We know that "lol" traveling horde ----> alli is "kek" "lol" traveling alli ----> horde though is "bur" (which introduces another layer of confusion)

"bur" hints that there exists no letter-to-letter convention at all, but rather a word-to-word one. That is also incorrect though. What I suspect is that there are exactly 4 translations, 1 each way for both words and letters. the logic translates letters only when they appear alone, and words otherwise. It also includes as obfuscation element that is applied when it is a word that does not exist on the list of those for which there exists a listed translation. The obfuscation element simply substitutes a random string.

The way around this is to figure out the letter-to-letter translation and simply space the letters in your words. I'm soure you've seen that in bg right? you get killed and the guy says "l o l"

you dont do that by typing "b u r" because of the word/letter dichotomy outlined above.

the pic you linked though indicates that in this example the player was using some sort of item or more likely using some moonkin-specific mechanic. It came across as though he were speaking common. this is probably particular to the word "meep". It could be simply that moonkins yelling meep is an easter egg intentionally included by the devs.

Lamiae
characters
80 Human Priest
80 Draenei Shaman
42 Night Elf Druid
80 Dwarf Paladin
posted on
06/29/10 10:19:31
updated by
Lamiae
06/29/10 10:22:21

Tenj is alliance, Insanity. >.>

He is also known for crazy crap like this, and his catch-phase is, "Meep Meep". I think it is moonkin-specific, but I doubt "Meep meep" has anything to do with the mod scale.

What I was saying before about horde is there is a glitch by talking to someone in Sej'in (spelling?) village that will increase your size.

Insanityplea
characters
80 Human Paladin
80 Human Mage
80 Human Priest
83 Dwarf Rogue
posted on
06/29/10 10:35:01

that makes sense.

I have figured out how to yell meep cross-faction though as a result of misunderstanding this thread, so not a total loss.

Lamiae
characters
80 Human Priest
80 Draenei Shaman
42 Night Elf Druid
80 Dwarf Paladin
posted on
06/29/10 10:36:38

Do tell!

Insanityplea
characters
80 Human Paladin
80 Human Mage
80 Human Priest
83 Dwarf Rogue
posted on
06/29/10 11:11:14

I need to test it first.